In 2022, Pandea Global M&A (“Pandea”) member firms completed 238 transactions with a combined value of €3.1 billion, an increase on an already impressive 2021, when 215 deals were completed.
Pandea is a global network of selected independent firms primarily focusing on creating and executing cross-border M&A transactions to add significant value to its member clients, such as providing enhanced and cohesive access to a larger pool of international acquisition targets, local market expertise and overseas buyer pools.
Notable cross-border deals in 2022 included:
- Sale of Italian Industrial Starter, a specialist PPE provider, to US Protective Industrial Products backed by Odyssey Investment Partners
- Sale of UK Argyll Holidays, a holiday park operator, to US international resort operator Cove Communities
- Sale of Finish DRA Consulting, a leading regulatory consulting company, to PharmaLex in Germany
- Sale of UK Architectural Steel, a steel fabrication manufacturer, to Arcelor Mittal Benelux-based multinational steel manufacturer
- Sale of Driessen Assuradeuren, a Dutch insurance company, to You Sure, a portfolio company of UK-based IK partners
- Sale of US Accelebrate, an IT training company, to Axcel backed by Alpine Investors
Connor Monaghan of Pandea Global M&A and UK founding member Dow Schofield Watts said, “It has been another excellent year for member firms of the Pandea network as global economies continue through turbulence. Cross-border activity returned to normal following a record year in 2021. Our strong pipeline suggests that the buoyant deals market will continue well into this year.”
Last year, Pandea grew to 31 member firms, with 58 offices globally represented by almost 300 deal-making professionals throughout Europe, North and South America, Asia, the Middle East & Africa. In total, Pandea member firms have completed over 2,500 deals with a combined value of over €30 billion.
This follows an outstanding year for our international M&A network, welcoming ten new member firms, making the network one of the world’s top eight of its type.
Pandea held its ninth international conference, and the first in-person since borders reopened post-Covid, in October 2022 in Madrid. The event was kindly hosted by the Spanish member firm Attest Corporate Finance. The network’s conferences allow member firms to exchange views on real-world deal issues, market trends and opportunities in global markets. The next conference will be held in May 2023 in Rotterdam, hosted by IRIS Corporate Finance.